Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How this book affected me.


I had never heard of this historic event, but once I read this book I looked up the Vel d'Hiv and couldn't believe they did that to the jewish people, some were even natural born French. It gave me a sad, yet helpless feeling. Although I like learning about history, I do not like reading or hearing about what happened to the people. It made me upset, but it helped me realize that you should not treat people wrong just because of what others say about them or because of what they are. I looked at pictures of jewish people and majority of them did not even look like jews. They could've passed as germans or as catholics, but since they were so brave and proud of their religion, they went through pain and suffrage. That makes me sad that some were so clueless, but I am proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment